Required documents for the wedding celebration
FOR FOREIGN CITIZENS BELONGING TO STATES WITH WHICH ITALY HAS AGREED TO WEDDING- CONVENTIONS
(Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Belgium, Greece, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, France)
- certificate of wedding capacity issued by the competent Registrar of civil status of the other State (in line with the provisions of Article 116 of our Civil Code)
- birth certificate of both spouses if the aforesaid authorization does not already contain the paternity and maternity data of the future spouse
- copy of identity documents of spouses and witnesses
- In the case that the foreign bride is already married, please contact the Office of Civil Status to verify the non-existence of the temporary ban on a new weddings.
FOR BRITISH CITIZENS
- Certificate of non-impediment to marriage, issued by the Office of Civil status of the district of residence, apostilled in the United Kingdom but translated with sworn assentation in Italy (at the Court)
- Bilingual sworn statement (so no translation will be required), surrender in front of a notary / solicitor (solicitor) in the United Kingdom, apostilled in United Kingdom
- Copy of identity documents of spouses and witnesses
- In the event that the foreign bride is already married, please contact the Office of Civil Status before booking to verify the non-existence of the temporary ban on new weddings.
More info: https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad
All the documents must be received at least 6 and at last 1 month before the celebration.